Cutechess-Cli for Android

Moderators: Elijah, Igbo, timetraveller

Karim
Forum Contributions
Status: Offline (Active 1 Year, 7 Months, 1 Week, 4 Days, 5 Hours, 55 Minutes ago)
Topics: 5

Post by Karim »

hagtorp wrote:Update.
Cutechess-cli 1.2.
New:
GCC-10.2, many new patches.
Download:
https://app.box.com/s/yviql8pw3egefk9rx3fb598e4ysk4qiw
Waiting since long time to see it's gui form...
flither
Forum Contributions
Status: Offline (Active 1 Month, 2 Weeks, 4 Days, 1 Hour, 19 Minutes ago)
Topics: 0

Post by flither »

Has anyone tried 'policy=round' command in cutechess-1.2 and earlier? It is supposed to change the opening after every round played, but it seems not working for me - opening is still changed after each game pair.

For A, B, C engines I set '-games 2', '-rounds 2' and 'policy=round' - it is playing 6 games for 1 round (A-B, B-A, A-C, C-A, B-C, C-B), so for 2 rounds =12 games. With 'policy=round' It is supposed to use one opening for each round, 2 openings in total but still seems changing after each 2 games.
Or am I doing something wrong? sm59
Moisanov
Forum Contributions
Status: Offline (Active 2 Years, 6 Months, 3 Weeks, 6 Days, 1 Hour, 31 Minutes ago)

Post by Moisanov »

flither wrote:Has anyone tried 'policy=round' command in cutechess-1.2 and earlier? It is supposed to change the opening after every round played, but it seems not working for me - opening is still changed after each game pair.

For A, B, C engines I set '-games 2', '-rounds 2' and 'policy=round' - it is playing 6 games for 1 round (A-B, B-A, A-C, C-A, B-C, C-B), so for 2 rounds =12 games. With 'policy=round' It is supposed to use one opening for each round, 2 openings in total but still seems changing after each 2 games.
I know its been a bug for a while in cutechess for windows. I think in Windows it is corrected since version 1.2. I don't know about android.

Maybe you could try "-tournament pyramid" instead of round-robin (or gauntlet). If there are engines A-B-C-D, I think pyramid does A vs B-C-D followed by B vs C-D and C vs D. I'am not sure how it would handle the openings throught this though (I'm not evven sure if pyramid really works like that, but it would make sense).
Skynet
Topics: 

Post by Skynet »

flither wrote:Has anyone tried 'policy=round' command in cutechess-1.2 and earlier? It is supposed to change the opening after every round played, but it seems not working for me - opening is still changed after each game pair.

Just switch to older version, i have no problem at all. As Moisanov i'm also using Cutechess 1.2 for PC, and it is a little bit tricky, i mean a lot changes has been done regarding the tournaments.
leonhurricaneX
Forum Contributions
Status: Offline (Active 2 Weeks, 1 Day, 2 Hours, 33 Minutes ago)
Topics: 14

Post by leonhurricaneX »

[woo Found something amazing c-chess-cli a good replacement of cutechess-cli written in C and it's extremely light executable size is only 50 kb and also it have officiall Android support too. i don't see

shoks It's main feature it runs 8 games at once in 8 threads Devices and cutechess-cli runs 3 games in my device more than twice.
► Show Spoiler
For both armv8 + armv7.
https://pixeldrain.com/l/Lf9VGtvu

ARM8 executable size is only 50kb but ARM7 is 470kb yes it's size bigger because of both are compiled using different method ARM8 is compiled using ndk-build and ARM7 using standalone toolchains now why I different method because ndk-build requires minimum API 19 to compile.

How to use , Its same as cutechess-cli

#Here is a example with Cfish and Stockfish.

$ chmod +x c-chess-cli

$ ./c-chess-cli -each tc=4+0.04 option.Hash=8 option.Threads=1 -engine cmd=./stockfish "option.Time Buffer=80" nodes=200000 -engine cmd=./cfish depth=11 -games 1920 -concurrency 8 -repeat -sprt elo0=1 elo1=5 -resign 3 700 -draw 8 10 -pgn g.pgn

:smile2: Now I think Skynet you can use it in your ARM7 device in place of CFA it will speed up your tour 4x times , Last request if my armv7 binary didn't work please forgive me, I tried my best for API-16.

And there is another best thing it's very easy to build because it doesn't require QT-5 like cutechess-cli.

To discover all features of c-chess-cli
https://github.com/lucasart/c-chess-cli

SPECIAL THANKS to Mr.Vondele for helping me out .
leonhurricaneX
Forum Contributions

Post by leonhurricaneX »

wink Tutorial how to use c-chess-cli on Android using Terminal Emulator.

Install Terminal Emulator from playstore and download c-chess-cli for your device.

:to_become_senile: Primary objective is to copy binaries from UCI folder of Droidfish to Home directory and I have already extracted everything in UCI folder , I will be using last CF and SF release with noob_2moves.epd only epd format is working

#Move to UCI folder and copy necessary items to Home directory.

$ cd /storage/emulated/0/DroidFish/uci
$ ls
$ cp c-chess-cli noob_2moves.epd CF-030121-arm8 Stockfish_20210112 $HOME

4 items copied from UCI folder.
► Show Spoiler
#Now move to Home directory and give permission to executables.

$ cd $HOME
$ ls
$ chmod +x c-chess-cli CF-030121-arm8 Stockfish_20210112
► Show Spoiler
#Now we can run tournament between CF and SF

$ ./c-chess-cli -each tc=10+0.10 option.Hash=16 option.Threads=1 -engine cmd=./Stockfish_20210112 -engine cmd=./CF-030121-arm8 -openings file=./noob_2moves.epd order=random -games 500 -concurrency 8 -repeat -resign 3 700 -draw 8 10 -pgn games.pgn
► Show Spoiler

Noob_2moves.epd
https://github.com/official-stockfish/books/blob/master/noob_2moves.epd.zip

popcorm1 You can edit this command as per your requirements and this commands will also work in Termux but Terminal Emulator is recommended because it's support multiple windows..
If any problem do not pm ask in Android discussion so anyone can have view it.
Skynet
Topics: 

Post by Skynet »

Some more books.
noob_4moves.epd https://github.com/official-stockfish/books/blob/master/noob_4moves.epd.zip

noob_5moves.epd https://github.com/official-stockfish/books/blob/master/noob_5moves.epd.zip

popularpos_lichess_v3.epd https://github.com/official-stockfish/books/blob/master/popularpos_lichess_v3.epd.zip
Complete description about chess-cli options (taken from https://github.com/lucasart/c-chess-cli).
► Show Spoiler
Walkot
Forum Contributions
Topics: 1

Post by Walkot »

And is it possible to connect engines designed in the form of applications? For example, Komodo.
leonhurricaneX
Forum Contributions

Post by leonhurricaneX »

Walkot wrote:And is it possible to connect engines designed in the form of applications? For example, Komodo.
icon_e_wink.gif No you can't because it's an app and c-chess-cli/cutechess-cli requires executables for running tournament.

But if you want to create tournament using Komodo just extract libkomodo.so executable from .apk file of Komodo App and create tournament using executable.
Walkot
Forum Contributions

Post by Walkot »

There are a few questions about the settings in cutechess-cli and c-chess-cli. How to register the engine options, for example, for working with the network. The engine has Use NNUE, an option with a space, make out:
option."Use NNUE"=true or otherwise? And how to specify the path to the network: option.EvalFile=???? It is also not clear whether all the settings of the engine will work or there are some restrictions.
Skynet
Topics: 

Post by Skynet »

Walkot wrote:There are a few questions about the settings in cutechess-cli and c-chess-cli. How to register the engine options, for example, for working with the network. The engine has Use NNUE, an option with a space, make out:
option."Use NNUE"=true or otherwise? And how to specify the path to the network: option.EvalFile=???? It is also not clear whether all the settings of the engine will work or there are some restrictions.
For engines with embedded nets you don't need to point anything, just engine's name, option hash and option threads (cores)..

Foe engines without embedded net, add after command -> option.Threads=1 option.EvalFile=/storage/emulated/0/ + path to the net. Example

Code: Select all

option.EvalFile=/storage/emulated/0/nn-62ef826d1a6d.nnue
Make sure that the path to the net is correct, on some other devices the path is different eg /storage/emulated/legacy/ instead of /storage/emulated/0/ .
Walkot
Forum Contributions

Post by Walkot »

There is a question! If all 8 cores are the same, but 4 operate at one frequency and 4 at another. Will this cause a delay in time? smile218 For some engines, this problem occurs even if you reduce the number of simultaneous batches to 4.This is the problem of the engine or tablet?
SwiftSnips
Forum Contributions
Status: Offline (Active 2 Months, 2 Weeks, 1 Day, 1 Hour, 19 Minutes ago)

Android engines tests.

Post by SwiftSnips »

What is this illegal FEN error I keep getting? Theres no way its an illegal FEN.
Skynet
Topics: 

Android engines tests.

Post by Skynet »

SwiftSnips wrote:What is this illegal FEN error I keep getting? Theres no way its an illegal FEN.
You are talking about cutechess or c-chess?
supersharp77
I've been banned!
Status: Offline (Active 8 Months, 1 Week, 3 Days, 8 Hours, 36 Minutes ago)
Topics: 30

Post by supersharp77 »

Need a working build for {CuteChess-GUI 1.2} for android so I can do some detailed android engine testing...
Thx in Advance..kc [xrf31

Return to “Mobile Chess Software, Engines”