Cutechess-Cli for Android

Moderators: Elijah, Igbo, timetraveller

Skynet
Topics: 

Android engines tests.

Post by Skynet »

flither wrote: I did all the steps from your tutorial, looks like cutechess-cli and 2 engine files are in /data/user/0/os.tools.scriptmanager/files/ (I save them as executables when choosing, right?). They all have a "Run" icons before names.
But running script gives me this error message from shell:

Code: Select all

sh: /data/user/0/os.tools.scriptmanager/files/./cutechess-cli: inaccessible or not found
127|:/storage/emulated/0 $
Are you sure I don't need root for this?
No, you don't need to save anything, just copy-paste, and permissions.
flither
Forum Contributions
Status: Offline (Active 1 Month, 2 Weeks, 4 Days, 9 Hours, 14 Minutes ago)
Topics: 0

Android engines tests.

Post by flither »

Skynet wrote:No, you don't need to save anything, just copy-paste, and permissions.
Ok, I'll try once more tomorrow. Thanks for help sm133
Skynet
Topics: 

Android engines tests.

Post by Skynet »

flither wrote:
Skynet wrote:No, you don't need to save anything, just copy-paste, and permissions.
Ok, I'll try once more tomorrow. Thanks for help sm59
I'll explain to you tomorrow, from the beginning. Btw, on my tablet only one cutechess working (for android 9 and up), all the rest can't start.
Skynet
Topics: 

Android engines tests.

Post by Skynet »

flither wrote:
Use this one, it's working for sure http://outskirts.altervista.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3434&view=single_post#p3434
flither
Forum Contributions

Android engines tests.

Post by flither »

Skynet wrote:
flither wrote:
Use this one, it's working for sure http://outskirts.altervista.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3434&view=single_post#p3434
I tried this one, but no luck.
I copied 2 Cfish engines and above cutechess to /data/user/0/os.tools.scriptmanager/files/, then I long-pressed each one and set 755 permissions in checkboxes (rwe, re, re),
I triple checked the script, still the same error message as before sm59
Seems like /data partition is not accessible for executables without root permissions, bench works ok
Skynet
Topics: 

Android engines tests.

Post by Skynet »

flither wrote:
Skynet wrote:
flither wrote: Ok, I'll try once more tomorrow. Thanks for help sm133
I copied 2 Cfish engines and above cutechess to /data/user/0/os.tools.scriptmanager/files/, then I long-pressed each one and set 755 permissions in checkboxes (rwe, re, re),
Seems like /data partition is not accessible for executables without root permissions, bench works ok
Are we still talking about SManager? It doesn't need chmod 755 command..
flither
Forum Contributions

Android engines tests.

Post by flither »

Skynet wrote:
flither wrote:
Not the command.
When I long-press the copied files I have a pop-up menu. Then I choose "Properties" where I can set permissions for each one of the files.
You were talking about permissions so I thought you're talking about this ones.
"Storage" permission was set at first start of SManager already.
Skynet
Topics: 

Android engines tests.

Post by Skynet »

flither wrote:
Skynet wrote:
flither wrote: Ok, I'll try once more tomorrow. Thanks for help sm133
Once again from the beginning. Install SManager and, if doesn't ask you by it self, give to the the app permission to have access to your default storage - manually. Go to settings->SManager->Permissions=On. Since we have identical directory to the SManager's storage, which is /data/user/0/os.tools.scriptmanager/files/ just follow my steps.
1) Open SManager - press on small house (above on the screen) ->DATA home->files.
2) Look pictures ->
► Show Spoiler
3) Don't forget that, to start a tournament, you will need a folder in device's memory with name "Book" and pgn book inside.
4) Also, you'll need a txt document with commands (names of the engines, time control etc) - see this post http://outskirts.altervista.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2239&view=single_post#p2239
I've described every detail so too much text may terrify you lol , but believe me, it is not so hard as it seems. wink
Skynet
Topics: 

Android engines tests.

Post by Skynet »

flither wrote:
Skynet wrote:
flither wrote: I tried this one, but no luck.
Not the command.
When I long-press the copied files I have a pop-up menu. Then I choose "Properties" where I can set permissions for each one of the files.
You did everything right so far, so what you are doing next?
Moisanov
Forum Contributions
Status: Offline (Active 2 Years, 6 Months, 3 Weeks, 6 Days, 9 Hours, 26 Minutes ago)

Post by Moisanov »

flither wrote:Is it possible to run cutechess with Terminal Emu without root and from /sdcard somehow?
I created a home directory sdcard/appHOME and changed to this path in terminal emu home dir settings. ls command lists all the files there (2 engines and cutechess-cli), but shell command can't access these files (says there's no such files or access denied). I even stupidly tried chmodding them with 755 or +x but it didn't work.
Any thoughts?
PS. Shell command file is ok, engines names and other options are correct, I use Hagtorp's method
I run this script from Android Terminal: sh nameofscriptfile

#!/bin/sh
cd
cp /sdcard/uci/{cutechess-cli,CF-170920alto.so,CF-170920lto.so} $HOME
chmod +x cutechess-cli CF-170920alto.so CF-170920lto.so
./cutechess-cli -engine cmd=CF-170920lto.so proto=uci restart=on name="CFish 170920 lto + SV-1035" tc=5+0.5 option.Threads=1 option.Hash=8 option.SyzygyPath=/storage/emulated/0/DroidFish/rtb -engine cmd=CF-170920alto.so proto=uci restart=on name="CFish 170920 alto + SV-1035" tc=5+0.5 option.Threads=1 option.Hash=8 option.SyzygyPath=/storage/emulated/0/DroidFish/rtb -openings file=/sdcard/Book/Vesely_Total_v2.pgn format=pgn order=sequential start=1 -games 2 -rounds 250 -repeat -tournament gauntlet -wait 30 -recover -pgnout /sdcard/CFvsCFa.pgn -concurrency 4 -maxmoves 400 -draw movenumber=30 movecount=5 score=5 -resign movecount=5 score=600
Engines and cutechess are in a folder called "uci" in my phone memory (/storage/emulated/0/uci). My script is directly in the phone memory (/storage/emulated/0/). I think I use the very first cutechess for Android posted by hagtorp. I use "Terminal Emulator for Android", now with Android 10. TEfA had stopped working when i upgraded to A10, but a subsequent update of Terminal Emulator fixed the problem. Before, it worked fine with A9.
Skynet
Topics: 

Post by Skynet »

Moisanov wrote:

#!/bin/sh
cd
cp /sdcard/uci/{cutechess-cli,CF-170920alto.so,CF-170920lto.so} $HOME
chmod +x cutechess-cli CF-170920alto.so CF-170920lto.so
./cutechess-cli -engine cmd=CF-170920lto.so proto=uci restart=on name="CFish 170920 lto + SV-1035" tc=5+0.5 option.Threads=1 option.Hash=8 option.SyzygyPath=/storage/emulated/0/DroidFish/rtb -engine cmd=CF-170920alto.so proto=uci restart=on name="CFish 170920 alto + SV-1035" tc=5+0.5 option.Threads=1 option.Hash=8 option.SyzygyPath=/storage/emulated/0/DroidFish/rtb -openings file=/sdcard/Book/Vesely_Total_v2.pgn format=pgn order=sequential start=1 -games 2 -rounds 250 -repeat -tournament gauntlet -wait 30 -recover -pgnout /sdcard/CFvsCFa.pgn -concurrency 4 -maxmoves 400 -draw movenumber=30 movecount=5 score=5 -resign movecount=5 score=600
This commands are for testing with classical evaluation, right? I see that option.Use\ NNUE=Hybrid is missing.
flither
Forum Contributions

Android engines tests.

Post by flither »

Skynet wrote:
flither wrote:
Skynet wrote: Are we still talking about SManager? It doesn't need chmod 755 command..
Not the command.
You did everything right so far, so what you are doing next?
Ok guys, thanks for all help.

Now after months of trying I can finally run cutechess tests again! :okok:

I did a small mistake in SManager Home path in script but it still didn't run with cutechess 6-9 version, I wanted to surrender. But I switched back to cutechess 5.13 and it ran FINALLY!

Thanks again (especially for Skynet - this guy will always help you, even to fly to the Moon :sm178: ), but also Moisanov - I will try your method with Terminal Emu, cheers :sm36:
Skynet
Topics: 

Android engines tests.

Post by Skynet »

flither wrote: Now after months of trying I can finally run cutechess tests again! :okok:
See, it's not so hard! :sm73: With my Teclast i was also ready to give up, it could not run cutechess, so i tried all the versions, only one worked. yes3
Moisanov
Forum Contributions
Status: Offline (Active 2 Years, 6 Months, 3 Weeks, 6 Days, 9 Hours, 26 Minutes ago)

Post by Moisanov »

Skynet wrote: This commands are for testing with classical evaluation, right? I see that option.Use\ NNUE=Hybrid is missing.
Hybrid is the default when nothing is specified. You really need Use NNue = Classical to have the classical eval enabled.
hagtorp
Forum Contributions
Status: Offline (Active 6 Months, 3 Weeks, 6 Days, 12 Hours, 51 Minutes ago)
Topics: 3

Post by hagtorp »

Update.
Cutechess-cli 1.2.
New:
GCC-10.2, many new patches.
Download:
https://app.box.com/s/yviql8pw3egefk9rx3fb598e4ysk4qiw

Return to “Mobile Chess Software, Engines”