Skynet
Topics: 

Cutechess-Cli for Android

Post by Skynet »

hagtorp wrote:Cutechess-cli update.
New:
GCC-9.2.
QT Library 5.13.0.
Fix bug "cannot start engine" in Script manager app.
https://app.box.com/s/z905a2r9jpn1q3hs5l3nm0c9a8xj2vv2
hagtorp, i have a question, how to set time control to 3 seconds per move? CuteChess for PC uses 3/move, but on android it's not working..
hagtorp
Forum Contributions
Status: Offline (Active 6 Months, 3 Weeks, 6 Days, 4 Hours, 42 Minutes ago)
Topics: 3

Post by hagtorp »

Alex1976 wrote: hagtorp, i have a question, how to set time control to 3 seconds per move? CuteChess for PC uses 3/move, but on android it's not working..
-each tc=N st=M (N=number of seconds), M=number of moves.
Skynet
Topics: 

Post by Skynet »

hagtorp wrote:
Alex1976 wrote: hagtorp, i have a question, how to set time control to 3 seconds per move? CuteChess for PC uses 3/move, but on android it's not working..
Thanks! :sm36: So, is this correct (commands bellow), or should i remove -maxmoves 170?

Code: Select all

/data/user/0/os.tools.scriptmanager/files/./cutechess-cli -engine cmd=/data/user/0/os.tools.scriptmanager/files/CfU-m13-arm8 proto=uci option.Hash=32 option.Threads=1 restart=on -engine cmd=/data/user/0/os.tools.scriptmanager/files/CfU-m2.4-arm8 proto=uci option.Hash=32 option.Threads=1 restart=on -each tc=3 st=170 -games 6000 -repeat -concurrency 7 -recover -tournament round-robin -openings file=/storage/emulated/0/Book/8moves_v3.pgn format=pgn plies=16 start=1 order=sequential -pgnout Results.pgn -maxmoves 170 -wait 30 -draw movenumber=60 movecount=4 score=5 -resign movecount=3 score=420
hagtorp
Forum Contributions

Post by hagtorp »

Alex1976 wrote:
hagtorp wrote:
Thanks! :sm36: So, is this correct (commands bellow), or should i remove -maxmoves 170?

/data/user/0/os.tools.scriptmanager/files/./cutechess-cli -engine cmd=/data/user/0/os.tools.scriptmanager/files/CfU-m13-arm8 proto=uci option.Hash=32 option.Threads=1 restart=on -engine cmd=/data/user/0/os.tools.scriptmanager/files/CfU-m2.4-arm8 proto=uci option.Hash=32 option.Threads=1 restart=on -each tc=3 st=170 -games 6000 -repeat -concurrency 7 -recover -tournament round-robin -openings file=/storage/emulated/0/Book/8moves_v3.pgn format=pgn plies=16 start=1 order=sequential -pgnout Results.pgn -maxmoves 170 -wait 30 -draw movenumber=60 movecount=4 score=5 -resign movecount=3 score=420
-each tc=3 st=1 (1 move).
hagtorp
Forum Contributions

Post by hagtorp »

hagtorp wrote:
Alex1976 wrote:
hagtorp wrote: -each tc=N st=M (N=number of seconds), M=number of moves.

-each tc=3 st=1 (1 move).
I apologize for the commands. This is how the control will be 3 seconds per 1 move: -each tc=1/3
hagtorp
Forum Contributions

Post by hagtorp »

Alex.
I launched several games with the option -each tc = 1/1 (1 second per move) and it sometimes takes more than a second to think it over. That 1.5 then 1.7 seconds. Try the -help command (in the script manager, click on the cutechess file, the window will pop out, enter -help there and press run, the list of commands will pop out).
flither
Forum Contributions
Status: Offline (Active 1 Month, 2 Weeks, 4 Days, 1 Hour, 4 Minutes ago)
Topics: 0

Post by flither »

Is it possible to run cutechess with Terminal Emu without root and from /sdcard somehow?
I created a home directory sdcard/appHOME and changed to this path in terminal emu home dir settings. ls command lists all the files there (2 engines and cutechess-cli), but shell command can't access these files (says there's no such files or access denied). I even stupidly tried chmodding them with 755 or +x but it didn't work.
Any thoughts?
PS. Shell command file is ok, engines names and other options are correct, I use Hagtorp's method
Skynet
Topics: 

Post by Skynet »

flither wrote:Is it possible to run cutechess with Terminal Emu without root and from /sdcard somehow?
I created a home directory sdcard/appHOME and changed to this path in terminal emu home dir settings. ls command lists all the files there (2 engines and cutechess-cli), but shell command can't access these files (says there's no such files or access denied). I even stupidly tried chmodding them with 755 or +x but it didn't work.
Any thoughts?
PS. Shell command file is ok, engines names and other options are correct, I use Hagtorp's method
Hello my friend! Why Terminal Emulator and not SManager? I have no idea how to run cutechess via Terminal Emulator, because cutechess and engines must to get permissions from user, otherwise they won't be found. Maybe hagtorp knows?
flither
Forum Contributions

Post by flither »

Skynet wrote:Hello my friend! Why Terminal Emulator and not SManager? I have no idea how to run cutechess via Terminal Emulator, because cutechess and engines must to get permissions from user, otherwise they won't be found. Maybe hagtorp knows?
Hi Alex, I know it's you! smile26
I got used to Terminal Emu and I'm familiar with it, it seems easier for me. But the methods are similar in both programs.
Yes, the only question is how to make Terminal Emu to get permission to use engines and cutechess-cli placed in /sdcard without root. Or they can only be read/written/executed from /root partition?
I hope Hagtorp could help here
Skynet
Topics: 

Post by Skynet »

flither wrote:
Skynet wrote:Hello my friend! Why Terminal Emulator and not SManager? I have no idea how to run cutechess via Terminal Emulator, because cutechess and engines must to get permissions from user, otherwise they won't be found. Maybe hagtorp knows?
Hi Alex, I know it's you! smile26
I got used to Terminal Emu and I'm familiar with it, it seems easier for me. But the methods are similar in both programs.
Yes, the only question is how to make Terminal Emu to get permission to use engines and cutechess-cli placed in /sdcard without root. Or they can only be read/written/executed from /root partition?
I hope Hagtorp could help here
Have you tried chmod 755 cutechess (same for the engines)? chmod 755 is command that gives a permission to open/load engine.
flither
Forum Contributions

Post by flither »

Skynet wrote:Have you tried chmod 755 cutechess (same for the engines)? chmod 755 is command that gives a permission to open/load engine.
Yeah, I tried chmod 755 and +x for engines and cutechess. The command doesn't show any error code but shell commands file still can't read these files.
Anyway, I think chmod commands work only for root directory. Terminal Emu has already granted Storage access, but maybe it works only with root.
I'll wait if Hagtorp knows anything and will search more on the net whistle3
flither
Forum Contributions

Android engines tests.

Post by flither »

Skynet wrote:
flither wrote:
Skynet wrote: Why not? It is very easy, use SManager or Terminal Emulator. popcorm1
You were right.
For some bizarre reason I can't run cutechess-cli with Terminal Emulator ("segmentation fault" error), so I thought I can't run benches without root - but I can! dance2
Terminal Emulator will not run cutechess, only SManager, which is easy to use btw. Don't know why you "refuse" to install it. xrf03
I tried SManager (it looked complicated before to me, but you're right - it looks easy now).
I did all the steps from your tutorial, looks like cutechess-cli and 2 engine files are in /data/user/0/os.tools.scriptmanager/files/ (I save them as executables when choosing, right?). They all have a "Run" icons before names.
But running script gives me this error message from shell:

sh: /data/user/0/os.tools.scriptmanager/files/./cutechess-cli: inaccessible or not found
127|:/storage/emulated/0 $
Are you sure I don't need root for this?
Skynet
Topics: 

Android engines tests.

Post by Skynet »

flither wrote:
Skynet wrote:
flither wrote: You were right.
For some bizarre reason I can't run cutechess-cli with Terminal Emulator ("segmentation fault" error), so I thought I can't run benches without root - but I can! dance2
Terminal Emulator will not run cutechess, only SManager, which is easy to use btw. Don't know why you "refuse" to install it. xrf03
I tried SManager (it looked complicated before to me, but you're right - it looks easy now).
I did all the steps from your tutorial, looks like cutechess-cli and 2 engine files are in /data/user/0/os.tools.scriptmanager/files/ (I save them as executables when choosing, right?). They all have a "Run" icons before names.

sh: /data/user/0/os.tools.scriptmanager/files/./cutechess-cli: inaccessible or not found
What are you trying to do? To run bench command or to make tournament using cutechess?
flither
Forum Contributions

Android engines tests.

Post by flither »

Skynet wrote:
flither wrote:
Skynet wrote: Terminal Emulator will not run cutechess, only SManager, which is easy to use btw. Don't know why you "refuse" to install it. xrf03

What are you trying to do? To run bench command or to make tournament using cutechess?
Tournament, bench is solved with Terminal Emu already wink
Skynet
Topics: 

Android engines tests.

Post by Skynet »

flither wrote: Tournament, bench is solved with Terminal Emu already wink
So, you have copied cutechess and 2 engines in directory Small house->DATA home->files , right? Did you gave permissions to the cutechess and engines?

Return to “Mobile Chess Software, Engines”