Medals: 2
Topics: 194

Droidfish Chess for Android

Post by Nemesis »

popcorm1 popcorm1

From Mike Byrne ..

Maiden Release - Droidfish with Honey engines
@MichaelB7 MichaelB7 released this 4 hours ago

Based on the great work by Peter Osterlund , and the Stockfish development team and many many others, I am pleased to announce Droidfish with the current dev-Honey engines. This maiden release will run on most of the nearly 3 billion active Android devices .

5 downloads - 5 engines

Oki Maguro ( translation "Big Tuna" in Japanese), in honor of our friends in Japan who kicked started the neural net is Stockfish. The engine most like Stockfish.

Bluefish - the excellent SF clone, initially started by my good friend Eelco de Groot. In classical mode, places more emphasis on evaluation, than material compared to the other engines. Pieces values are just 78% relative to standard SF.

Black Diamond- based on Crystal, the great chess problem solving SF clone started by my good friend Joe Ellis.

Weakfish - a very weakend SF clone that is very fun for humans to play.

Honey - named after my late grandmother. "Honey" Byrne, not as aggressive in using classical evaluation

All engines have Neural net and 55 Syzygy endgame tablebases embedded, Syzygy Tb's were authored and created by genius Ron de Mann. The code to embed the Syzygy tablebases was written by longtime Stockfish developer mstembera.

Go here for binaries >> https://github.com/MichaelB7/droidfish/releases/tag/1.0
MichaelM
I've been banned!
Status: Offline (Active 8 Months, 2 Weeks, 6 Days, 9 Hours, 31 Minutes ago)
Topics: 3

Post by MichaelM »

janus wrote:popcorm1 popcorm1

From Mike Byrne ..

Maiden Release - Droidfish with Honey engines
@MichaelB7 MichaelB7 released this 4 hours ago

Based on the great work by Peter Osterlund , and the Stockfish development team and many many others, I am pleased to announce Droidfish with the current dev-Honey engines. This maiden release will run on most of the nearly 3 billion active Android devices .

5 downloads - 5 engines

Oki Maguro ( translation "Big Tuna" in Japanese), in honor of our friends in Japan who kicked started the neural net is Stockfish. The engine most like Stockfish.

Bluefish - the excellent SF clone, initially started by my good friend Eelco de Groot. In classical mode, places more emphasis on evaluation, than material compared to the other engines. Pieces values are just 78% relative to standard SF.

Black Diamond- based on Crystal, the great chess problem solving SF clone started by my good friend Joe Ellis.

Weakfish - a very weakend SF clone that is very fun for humans to play.

Honey - named after my late grandmother. "Honey" Byrne, not as aggressive in using classical evaluation

All engines have Neural net and 55 Syzygy endgame tablebases embedded, Syzygy Tb's were authored and created by genius Ron de Mann. The code to embed the Syzygy tablebases was written by longtime Stockfish developer mstembera.

Go here for binaries >> https://github.com/MichaelB7/droidfish/releases/tag/1.0
MichaelB7 wrote on talkchess:

I should have added to activate the syzygy tablesbases , enter the location as “<4-men>” without the quotes. Enter it in the main menu at the bottom under >Endgame Tablebases>Syzygy Directory.

Yes, that's right, Michael. [xrf31
Skynet
Topics: 

Post by Skynet »

Droidfish apk archive can be useful for android 10 (+) owners, find and install older apk.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0jy7CFOAmXrZ255bGhNdnZtc3M
ConRog

Book Maker
Forum Contributions
Medals: 1
Topics: 5

Requests for Android engines

Post by ConRog »

Chess.Basse wrote:Hello. I have a question. for use DroidFish and are not familiar with memory hash settings. I use 5 minute 512 mb hash flash time with 7 cores. I have a Samsung galaxy s21 512 MB room phone and 12 GB ram. while playing against Nemorino 5 minutes shows me the Hash number 32 MB% what correct settings is used in DroidFish? the experienced ones to guide me what settings to use in DroidFish gui. I appreciate your advice [xrf31
Hi,

Peter Osterlund, the author of Droidfish has added a "secret" way to enable use of large hash tables>512 MB : Just create an empty file called .unsafehash into folder /SD card/DroidFish/uci/. This will unlock the Hash table limit. Peter implemented a limit to protect some small devices that have not enough RAM to run properly. Nowadays, all devices have enough RAM to enable 1GB of hash or even 2GB. But not more or droidfish will crash.
Bests regards.
Evo
Forum Contributions
Status: Offline (Active 7 Months, 2 Weeks, 2 Days, 4 Hours, 14 Minutes ago)
Topics: 7

Post by Evo »

[/quote]

Hi,

Peter Osterlund, the author of Droidfish has added a "secret" way to enable use of large hash tables>512 MB : Just create an empty file called .unsafehash into folder /SD card/DroidFish/uci/. This will unlock the Hash table limit. Peter implemented a limit to protect some small devices that have not enough RAM to run properly. Nowadays, all devices have enough RAM to enable 1GB of hash or even 2GB. But not more or droidfish will crash.
Bests regards.[/quote]

Hi Comrog thx for info, but the right of written folder that I have to created is unsafehash ? Or unsavehash ? With f ? Or with v ?
As we knew sometimes one diffrent letter in folder may impact
unreadable by the system

Regards
ConRog

Book Maker
Forum Contributions
Topics: 5

Post by ConRog »

Chess.Basse wrote:Hi ConRog Thank you for answering but I trying to create empty folders in DroidFish uci and the not working. plsss if you want take screenshot plsss I need follow on your screenshot. :sm55:
After installing DroidFish, the folder DroidFish/uci/ is created. No need to create it. Just create an empty file with the name .unsafehash and put it in this folder.
You will be able to choose more RAM for hash in DroidFish parameters and all uci engines will use it.
Skynet
Topics: 

Post by Skynet »

Evo wrote: Hi Comrog thx for info, but the right of written folder that I have to created is unsafehash ? Or unsavehash ? With f ? Or with v ?
As we knew sometimes one diffrent letter in folder may impact
unreadable by the system

Regards
In case if you still have issues, here is the file (click on "save download" on the left corner).
https://pixeldrain.com/u/YogUa5QP
Archimedes

Android Engines Top Active Users
Forum Contributions
Medals: 2
Topics: 158

Post by Archimedes »

blitzer
Inactive User
Status: Offline (Active 1 Year, 8 Months, 1 Week, 6 Days, 4 Hours, 30 Minutes ago)
Topics: 1

Post by blitzer »

please in pixeldrain.
Skynet
Topics: 

Post by Skynet »

Kasparov1

Top contribute Forum
Forum Contributions
Topics: 0

Post by Kasparov1 »

Does anyone know if there is updated DroidFish version of SF15 by Peter Österlund?
Evo
Forum Contributions

Post by Evo »

Kasparov1 wrote: 20/04/2022, 15:54 Does anyone know if there is updated DroidFish version of SF15 by Peter Österlund?
Untill now.. there's no notification yet from Goggle play store to my smartphone..

Or maybe we shoild download it in separetly ?
I don't know man. sm59
Skynet
Topics: 

Post by Skynet »

Kasparov1 wrote: 20/04/2022, 15:54 Does anyone know if there is updated DroidFish version of SF15 by Peter Österlund?
I think here is all the latest (apk) of Droidfish, unless Peter uploading new apks somewhere else.
http://outskirts.altervista.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=24651&view=single_post#p24651
kramnik

Top contribute Forum
Forum Contributions
Status: Offline (Active 3 Months, 2 Days, 3 Hours, 58 Minutes ago)
Topics: 71

Re: Droidfish Chess for Android

Post by kramnik »

Droidfish is not anymore on Google Play Store.

I guess the creator had enough to pay 30 dollars every year to keep it up there.
Evo wrote: 20/04/2022, 19:22
Untill now.. there's no notification yet from Goggle play store to my smartphone..

I don't know man. sm59
Evo
Forum Contributions

Re: Droidfish Chess for Android

Post by Evo »

kramnik wrote: 21/04/2022, 1:40 Droidfish is not anymore on Google Play Store.

I guess the creator had enough to pay 30 dollars every year to keep it up there.
Evo wrote: 20/04/2022, 19:22

I don't know man. sm59
Thx for the info Mr. Goi :sm36:

Return to “Mobile Chess Software, Engines”