Stockfish-NNUE → Stockfish Polyglot

kramnik

Top contribute Forum
Forum Contributions
Status: Offline (Active 3 Months, 1 Week, 10 Hours, 4 Minutes ago)
Medals: 1
Topics: 71

Stockfish Polyglot

Post by kramnik »

The number of books don't have anything to do with this matter: being global variables I wouldn't even be able to compiled if I've left something out. I guess the problem is somewhere else, most probably in the very own polyglot libraries, untouched from the Brainfish source apart just adding two more global variables (Book3 and Book4), all the remaining code of these libraries (polybook.cpp and polybook.h) are generic functions, and if you would know something about programming you would know they behaves generically for any calling, provided that all the parameters are satisfied.

Alex1976 (Skynet?...) or RomeoA28 can confirm it.

I never had the time to dig more on this issue.
tacos40 wrote:Thank you again Kramnik
- However, I must say I have not found a version of SF Polyglot... able to play BIN books without "best book move"
- I understand (partially) you say the polyglot code is same as Brainfish, and it should work the same; but it doesnt
- As a hint... Brainfish code is 2 bin book; SF is 4 bin book.
- AFAIK, this is a typical initialization problem already fixed in other SF derivatives

Best regards

PD: I took the risk of starting a tournament using this engine for a mix of CTG and BIN books...
--- but I will stop tournament due to this bug.

Return to “Stockfish NNUE”