Global moderators
Forum Contributions
Medals: 2
Topics: 41

Stockfish 16.1 Cluster

Post by Igbo »

Stockfish 16.1 Cluster

MPI installation

For this example, we will use Microsoft's MPI as our MPI software. You can download MPI from https://learn.microsoft.com/es-es/message-passing-interface/microsoft-mpi#ms-mpi-downloads
  • You must verify that the mpi services are active
    and that the path has been added to the environment variable.
Installation of Development Tools:
  • Download and install the GCC compiler for Windows from Mingw.
    Adds the MPI and Mingw paths to the system PATH so that the system can find the necessary executables. This can be done in the advanced system settings in the Environment Variables section
Compilation with MPI for Xeon Ivy Bridge
Review the options available to compile: in my case x86-64-sse3-popcnt

Code: Select all

make profile-build ARCH=x86-64-sse3-popcnt COMP=gcc MPI=yess
This command starts the build process with MPI and specifies the profile-build build profile, the x86-64-modern architecture, and the gcc compiler.

The stockfish github specifies how to invoke the Stockfish executable using mpi. Unlike Texel which connects the hosth using the following command On all computers, start a command prompt and run: smpd -d 0 with stockfish: mpirun -np N /path/to/stockfish

I have tested the binary and the result of the bench is close to that carried out with 14.1, which version does exist available. The question and here I open the debate is how to invoke (although I have described it) in a clear way for users who do not have sufficient knowledge. In any case, I have been able to do the compilation successfully thanks to the fact that I have seen Ibai on site doing the compilations of the original engines from the rating list that I share with you. Also, in the folder is the source code and I hope and wish to open a debate on how to run, for example, on three servers connected in a network with mpi.

DOWNLOAD STOCKFISH DEV CLUSTER
I am not an expert in anything, I do not believe in anything, but everything is possible.

Return to “Stockfish NNUE”