Repertoire tool

Moderators: Elijah, Igbo, timetraveller

Jonathan003
Inactive User
Status: Offline (Active 1 Month, 2 Weeks, 5 Days, 6 Hours, 27 Minutes ago)
Topics: 2

Repertoire tool

Post by Jonathan003 »

This is part of the manual of Chess Position Trainer
>1 candidate moves: Usually you only want to have one candidate move for your side for each position.
Sometimes you want to add alternative moves, but sometimes for example due to an import you have
unintentionally more than one candidate moves for your side. This criterion lets you go to the next position,
where more than candidate move exists for your side (opponent side is ignored).
I don't understand that sites like Chesstempo.com or Chessable.com don't have this functionality.
Besides Chess Position Trainer, I also don't know of any other chess software that has a similar functionality.

I have my repertoires in pgn format. Different lines (or short games without results). For each different opening line, a different game. My white repertoire for example has about 5000 opening lines.

The problem in Chess Position Trainer is that if for example I'm at position 300 out of 500 positions with more than one candidate moves. And I delete a candidate move I don't like. And I click on ">1 candidate moves" again, I don't jump to the next position with more than one candidate moves. But to the first position again with more than on candidate moves. Then I have to click 299 times or 300 times on ">1 candidate moves" to continuo from where I was.

I wonder how I can do it more efficient?

Return to “Programming, Technical Discussions, Chess related questions etc.”