My ICCF games

ICCF members can discuss the ICCF and any Chess related matters that interest them.

Moderators: Elijah, Igbo, timetraveller

Igbo

Top contribute Forum Book Maker
Global moderators
Forum Contributions
Medals: 2
Topics: 41

My ICCF games

Post by Igbo »

ICCF-FM/3953, ICCF FM/3953

Hello, I am going to share my first direct access tournament, that is, paying a fee of four or five euros, to record that it has been very disappointing. It's been years since I've had anywhere near the good level I had when I was 20, now I'm 50 in about 51 days. But the two games I'm sharing with you are the ones I've played and the opponent has given up without barely fighting at all. I'm in another one that starts on the 21st where there will be more people and I hope there will be more fighting, because I don't understand certain openings when you play a tournament.

Games

In the game with white, I came out with e4, I always play with d4, but I wanted to see where we were going with e4. In the end a najdorf. I have played Be2, very popular, although not as played as the English attack. The point is that with queen d3, followed by Nd5, a4 and c4 I wanted to get out of the best known as soon as possible. This is when black makes Bishop e7, normal at first glance to castle and expected the typical Kc8,-b5 etc for black. But it does what you see in the game.

When playing knight c5, without first having, I believe, occupied the c-file with the rook, and taking into account that it does not have a white-squared bishop, I turn on the engine because it no longer feels good to me and in fact, black no longer I was in a good situation. Although you could continue playing. I don't think the rest will have any more difficulty.

In the game with black, I did come out with one of my three defenses that I usually use against d4, Nimzoindia, queen's Indian or Slavic defense. It depends on the opponent, how I choose, since you can consult your opponent's repertoire.

D4 and knight to f six. Then white makes Nc3 which can be played, but I don't think it is best if you make d4. But hey, I accept it up to that point. But what does seem too risky is not doing a normal development of your pieces, placing them in good squares and before going on the attack, first what I have mentioned. But as you see in the game, he goes directly for the c7 square (he has the bishop on f4) to threaten a check and gain an exchange. But this without having developed your pieces correctly is a failure in my opinion. In fact, what I do is simply ask the horse for explanations and the rest of the game doesn't have much more. But I insist, regardless of whether my opponent consults an opening database, or a chess engine, regardless of all that, giving up so soon without trying to fight goes against chess itself. And after all this topic, players consult engines, databases, etc? because I have seen that you can consult the final rules. A hug and happy weekend to all members of the forum.
I am not an expert in anything, I do not believe in anything, but everything is possible.

Return to “International Correspondence Chess Federation”