Igbo

Top contribute Forum Book Maker
Global moderators
Forum Contributions
Medals: 2
Topics: 41

Tournament of bin book with prize

Post by Igbo »

Hello, I'm sharing an idea with you to see what you think. I plan to do an opening book tournament but only with forum members. The prize for the winner would be the four latest versions of the engines in the store. It would be with a time control of 3+2 on gui friz 17 and I leave you a list of uci engines that accept bin book and the one that receives the most votes will be the one used. The start day of the tournament would be November 1, which would be broadcast on my YouTube channel. For OBS consumption reasons, I would allocate 512MB of hash and 4 threads per chess engine. Tbs, 3,4,5,6. Of course I accept suggestions. What worries me is that OBS the screen capturer may interfere with the games, although during the tournament the server will not run any other applications at the same time, nor will it play in playchess. It will be on until the end of the tournament. Regarding the gui fritz, I cross my fingers that there are no interruptions in the service, since although you can go back to the point where you left off, I honestly get lost since I use lucas chess or cutechess. I leave you the list of engines:
  • Komodo dragon 3.3
    StockfishMz
    SugarXpro
    Octopuss
    Eman
    BrainLearn
    Shashchess
    Cool Iris
I await your comments, help, suggestions, etc. The prize once it has been decided what to do, I will deposit the prizes to Marco Zerbinati. Greetings and I hope you like the idea.

Jorge
I am not an expert in anything, I do not believe in anything, but everything is possible.
Igbo

Global moderators
Forum Contributions

Post by Igbo »

If I choose, you know that as an Eman tester I will choose Eman, then I will wait for your suggestions. I wanted to do a survey with chess engines, but I don't know how to do it.
I am not an expert in anything, I do not believe in anything, but everything is possible.
Igbo

Global moderators
Forum Contributions

Post by Igbo »

Igbo wrote: 24/10/2023, 18:39 Hello, I'm sharing an idea with you to see what you think. I plan to do an opening book tournament but only with forum members. The prize for the winner would be the four latest versions of the engines in the store. It would be with a time control of 3+2 on gui friz 17 and I leave you a list of uci engines that accept bin book and the one that receives the most votes will be the one used. The start day of the tournament would be November 1, which would be broadcast on my YouTube channel. For OBS consumption reasons, I would allocate 512MB of hash and 4 threads per chess engine. Tbs, 3,4,5,6. Of course I accept suggestions. What worries me is that OBS the screen capturer may interfere with the games, although during the tournament the server will not run any other applications at the same time, nor will it play in playchess. It will be on until the end of the tournament. Regarding the gui fritz, I cross my fingers that there are no interruptions in the service, since although you can go back to the point where you left off, I honestly get lost since I use lucas chess or cutechess. I leave you the list of engines:
  • Komodo dragon 3.3
    StockfishMz
    SugarXpro
    Octopuss
    Eman
    BrainLearn
    Shashchess
    Cool Iris
I await your comments, help, suggestions, etc. The prize once it has been decided what to do, I will deposit the prizes to Marco Zerbinati. Greetings and I hope you like the idea.

Jorge
After thinking about it well and like those of you who know me from the forum, basically my knowledge in chesscomputer comes from opening theory applied to chess engines. Likewise, as you also know me, I participate in several tournaments specifically for opening books, I have decided to avoid possible suspicions (there are always people who think badly) by having in my possession the opening books of those who are possibly one of the best creators of book, the tournament continues with the same format, prize, but it will be done with chess engines created by forum users and three guests, one is Eman, since out of friendship and for the days that the server will be on I reserve that right, Stockfish16 does not count either because it is the winner of the last TCEC and Dragon 3.3 as the only commercial program. I have the relevant license dated yesterday. Consequently, there are two programs outside the forum, that is, the author of the chess engine that does not belong to the forum. And the different authors have until the 30th. Marco Zerbinati will decide which engine of his creation he wants to participate in, and so will the rest of his colleagues. On day 1, at 00:00 am Lisbon, Madrid will begin the tournament. Greetings and I await your comments.
Jorge
Igbo

Global moderators
Forum Contributions

Post by Igbo »

Provisional list of the engines that will do the tour on the agreed date.
  • Bersek 12
    Eman 9.53
    Cool Iris 10.40
    StockifshMz 040823
    Octopuss 040823
    SugarXpro 040823
    Raid v2.78i_X
    Hazard v3
    Stockfish 16
    ShashChess 34.1
    Patzer AI X-2560i
    Dragon 3.3 by Komodo Chess 64
Igbo

Global moderators
Forum Contributions

Post by Igbo »

With all the playchess mess, I forgot about the tour, with a prize for the winner, which being the three engines that most programmers already have, I understand why there is no comment. I then continue with the bullet tour, unless before I go to sleep, there is some idea about this.
Regards,
Jorge

Return to “Opinion Polls”