Compiling Stockfish with gcc on Termux

kramnik

Top contribute Forum
Forum Contributions
Medals: 1
Topics: 71

Re: Compiling Stockfish with gcc on Termux

Post by kramnik »

I was able to compile BrainLearn on Termux using clang and it worked until it was in that environment, but as soon as I exported it outside Termux and in the Droidfish uci folder it stopped to work... Any idea?
Archimedes wrote: 21/10/2021, 7:48
LittleJoe wrote: 20/10/2021, 19:37 I also get many warnings. It doesn't matter if I use make or the cecsa start script. But the engines are really fast, so let the warnings warn. How cares lol
And BTW: embedded and non-embedded engines are equally fast. Only one is 46 times larger.
The warnings occurs during the pgo optimization, when the final, optimized build where created. Looks to me that this is something like a false positive warning message from gcc which can be ignored. If there would be really a problem with a missing profile, we would have a massive decrease with nps which we are don't have. Furthermore all other compiles with gcc (Windows, Linux etc.) would also have problems, because they are using the same steps for pgo optimization provided by the makefile from Stockfish. However, the clang compiler outputs no warning messages. Therefore i disabled this warning message explicit for the gcc compiler with the flag -Wno-missing-profile in the makefiles (will be included in the next update of CECSA).

Return to “Programming, Technical Discussions, Chess related questions etc.”